FUN FACTS ABOUT RICKY JARMAN
Ricky Jarman is an up and coming musician in New York who is already being dubbed as the ‘Channing Tatum of Music.’ He is talented, sexy and one of the sweetest guys in the business. He recently talked to TVGrapevine in an exclusive interview about his life, career and more. Below are some of the highlights from our chat.
1. He comes from a talented family. His mom was a dancer, his dad was a drummer and his grandfather was in a rock band in the 1970s. In fact, he is still playing the guitar now in his seventies and enjoying every moment. Ricky recalls growing up and hearing stories about his grandfather from his mom and was inspired to start his own music career.
2. Ricky started out doing talent conventions and was part of a boy band in Orlando. He says it was a good learning experience and although they were almost signed, the project got shelved. This led to him starting his solo career and moving to NYC. He says he is working hard to get his career where he wants it to go and that his fans and team are giving him great exposure.
3. He not only performs, but he also writes and co-writes most of his own music. He says he is inspired by real life experience and often listen to melodic elements to develop lyrics. He says that doing this carries him into a day of thinking, gives him certain emotions and writes accordingly.
4. Some of his biggest influences include Michael Jackson, Earth, Wind and Fire and Justin Timberlake. He would love to collaborate with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Jason Derulo and Chris Brown.
5. Fans would be surprised to know that he is a gymnast that was on a male gymnastics team growing up. He says that he loves how powerful it looks and that it is pretty incredible.
He also dreams of guest starring on The Vampire Diaries, which is one of his favorite television shows. He also loves to watch Grimm, Walking Dead, Beauty and the Beast and other things that help him thing out of the box and uses imagination.
6. Did you know Ricky is a huge supporter of Sound Affects? <http://soundaffects.org/artist/ricky-jarman/ > He helps support their cancer-fighting campaigns by giving back to those who help fund the cause. The one particular campaign that he is backing is Embera Neuro Therapeutics which is ran by Bob Linke. He says that ‘Cancer is a leading cause of death in this world. It has taken numbers of our loved ones away from us sooner than they were meant to go. If any cause is worthy of support, Sound Affects is definitely one of them.’
“Ricky is supporting the campaign “Quitting smoking is getting easier” <http://soundaffects.org/campaigns/quitting-smoking-is-getting-easier/>
– an effective way to help people stop smoking.
Thank you to Ricky and his team for this interview and be sure to keep checking back for more news on his blossoming career.
Article by Sammi Turano
Interviewer at TV Grapevine